"Candelabra" of Paracas Peninsula, Peru. Carved into a coastal cliff, this geoglyph is 650' high x 200' wide. Although similar to the Nazca Lines that lie 125 miles southeast, it was made by an earlier civilization, the Paracas, who lived about 650 BCE. Visible from far out at sea, the Candelabra was a navigational landmark, as it still is today. Photo by Y.A. Bertrand.
Valparaiso, Chile: El puerto de las casas colgantes | Casa Artillería 156: Levantada entre 1908 y 1909 por los italianos Arnaldo Barison y Renato Schiavon, fue un encargo de Wenceslao Campusano, alto funcionario de los Servicios de Aduana de la época ! Hanging house over 100+ year old cable car