Explorez Sépultures Des, Tete Des et plus encore !

Découvrir des thèmes similaires

Beautiful pictures of landscape still scarred by WWILaid to rest: German cemetery on the battlefield of Tete des Faux - the highest point on the Western Front. 10 million soldiers died in the conflict almost 100 years ago

trincheras primera guerra mundial fotos aereas - Buscar con Google

St. Symphorien Cemetery — Hainaut, Belgium This cemetery was established by the Germans and contains the first British solder to be killed in combat and the last two Commonwealth casualties along with many other soldiers from both countries.

Michael St. Maur Sheil, Western Front Photography

A British Cavalry horse is led across a trench bridge on the Western Front. IWM

Ypres, Flanders. The BEF had held Ypres, as they continued to do until the end of the war despite repeated German assault; the Allies also held a salient extending 6 miles into German lines. The cost had been huge on both sides. British casualties were reported at 58,155, mostly pre-war professional soldiers, a loss the British could ill-afford. French casualties were set at around 50,000, and German losses at 130,000 men.

Battle scars: They might look like soldiers, but these men are searching for shells which were fired almost a century ago. Battle Scars: Ils pourraient ressembler à des soldats, mais ces hommes sont à la recherche de coquillages qui ont été licenciés il y a près d'un siècle

German Cemetery, Langemark, Belgium by Nige820, via Flickr

The Beaumont Hamel British Cemetery in Somme viewed from Hawthorn Ridge Redoubt. The two lines of graves, most of which contain unidentified soldiers' remains, date from 1 July 1916 and early 1917 and they include a solitary German burial. Hawthorn Ridge Redoubt was a German stronghold which was attacked by the British who blew up a mine there on 1st of July 1916

Hill 60, Zwarteleenstraat. This WW1 battle area was called Hill 60 on British military maps because the contoured height of the ground was marked at 60metres above sea level. A British attack on 17th April 1915 began with the explosion of three mines which blew the top off the hill. There is a memorial to the Queen Victoria Rifles and a memorial to the 1st Australian Tunneling Company. The ground has been left more or less as it was at the end of the war. www.visitflanders.co.uk

Pinterest • Le catalogue d'idées
Search