Westwood House, Worcestershire. Following the dissolution of the monasteries, Henry VIII gave the land of this former nunnery to the first Sir John Pakington. In 1560, he passed it to his nephew, whose son, the Elizabethan Courtier, Sir John Pakington, built the centre block of the present house for use as a hunting lodge circa. After the restoration, the cavalier grandson of Sir John added the diagonal wings at the four corners of the original structure.
Arley Hall & Gardens, Northwich, Cheshire- One of the most interesting & attractive stately homes in the North West. The present Hall stands on the same site as the first house built by the family in 1469 & is situated at the very heart of the Estate overlooking the famous Gardens & beautifully landscaped Park. Lord Ashbrook, the great great grandson of Rowland Egerton-Warburton, who built the present Arley Hall, grew up in the Hall as a child & spent some time as a young man living there.
Lecture d'un message - mail Orange
Broughton Hall, a Georgian country house, has been the seat of the Tempest Baronets for 900 years. A 14th-century document records the acquisition of a house & part of the manor of Broughton. The pedimented end wings were added to the main structure 1809–11, Sir Charles Tempest, Bt. (1794–1865) refaced the north front in golden Kendal stone & added a portico, 1838–41. The park was landscaped in the 18th & 19th centuries & the Italianate terraced garden designed circa 1855.