The Tibbetts Point Lighthouse is located in Cape Vincent (town), New York. The land upon which the lighthouse stands is a part of a 600-acre (2.4 km2) grant of land to Captain John Tibbetts of Troy, New York. The lighthouse is a circular tower that stands 69 feet (21 m) above the water The current lighthouse was constructed in 1854. Its Fresnel lens is still used. Only 70 such lenses are still operational in the United States
White Head lighthouse was built originally in 1807 and rebuilt in 1852 on a small island near Tenants Harbor. A scandal took place here in the early years of operation. The first keeper was found guilty of selling surplus whale oil to the prominent citizens of Thomaston. He was dishonourably discharged.