2 of 2. A German two-hand sword of exceptional length, in the style of circa 1580. The blade is of exceptional length, of flattened diamond section over the upper stage, changing to flattened hexagonal section and cut with a long narrow central fuller, plain blackened iron hilt of rounded bars, including long straight quillons, inner-and outer-rings each swelling in the middle, fluted écusson, and stopper-shaped pommel. . L. overall: 197.5 cm - L. blade: 148 cm - W.: 39 cm.
2 of 2. A hand-and-a-half sword, German or Swiss, circa 1550-80. With broad double-edged blade formed with a short point, of flattened diamond section changing to flattened hexagonal section and cut with a very shallow fuller at the forte. L. overall: 123.6 cm - L. blade: 95.3 cm - W.: 23.5 cm.
German/Swiss hand-and-a-half sword circa 1530-50
Sword for the Knightly foot tournament in the South German style of circa 1490-1500. Period longsword manuals show numerous techniques in which a fighter grips his own blade with one or both hands. This weapon has specialized rectangular sections to make doing so easier.
A German hand-and-a-half sword, circa 1530/40. The thrusting blade of diamond section with small fullers on both sides, the finger and loop guards on the hilt with finely chiselled decorative bands, the conically flaring round quillons struck with wave ornaments, the stepped grip covered with leather and the onion-shaped pommel with lightly twisted grooves. Length 131 cm.
2 of 2. A German two-hand processional sword, late 16th-early 17th century. With long heavy blade of flattened hexagonal section, a running wolf mark inlaid in latten on one side at the forte, cut with three narrow fullers over the lower third of its length on both sides and with additional fullers along the edges of the short ricasso. L. overall: 178 cm - L. blade: 132 cm - W.: 39.2 cm
German hand-and-a-half sword Circa 1520
German two-hand sword of exceptional length, in the style of circa 1580. The blade both slender and of exceptional length, of flattened diamond section over the upper stage, changing to flattened hexagonal section and cut with a long narrow central fuller, the ricasso heightened with linear-engraved borders and formed with a pair of small down-curved lugs each struck with spurious Nuremberg mark and a circular mark, a profile head, and both sides stamped "O + PETHER + WIRSBERG + O"