(1)These bottles have been discovered during the Creativ’pack fair, a very young but really in the move fair, heading every year in Paris. The idea of Sidle, one of the bottle packaging industry leaders, is showcasing 6 bottles forming an orange and represented by the 6 part of it.
(2)The concept lying behind is simple, revealing the raw fruit and nature inside the product to the customer without even forcing him to read it. A consumer survey headed during the saloon, reveal that the product is perceived more natural than a classic orange or grapefruit juice. The retail industry give a warm welcome to the product and many industrials are thinking of adapting it to their range.
(1)For the launch of the new range, Ice Watch chooses to showcase the popular bracelet in a Lego case. The smooth plastic made pack is like a single block of Lego of the same colour of the watch it contains. A whole marketing campaign around the packaging was developed with notably shop window and displays build in this special block-watch.
(2)The funny is that the Belgian firm producing IceWatch didn’t even have the authorization from Lego to use a packaging that look like the worldwide known blocks. Lego has gone until suiting IceWatch for this ‘abusive use’ and they won! The Brussels court of Justice found IceWatch guilty of confusions for the customers regarding the origins of the product. As we say: « success comes always with jealousy… »
(1) I chose this packaging because it chocked me. It is a primary packaging, which looks like a blood bag but contains energy drink. The energy drink has the same color than blood, and the only thing that can differentiate a real blood bag to this packaging is the label with the name of the brand.
(2) It is hard to identify the product, and consumers that find that in a shop can be confused. But the brand appears clearly and is recognizable because of the graphology. The difference is about sensorial features and performance: you do not drink the same way than with other energy drink, and the visual is not the same.
(3) This brand has been created for gamers, and it is sold on the Internet, the positioning is particular but it is in accordance with the other elements of the marketing mix (expensive because fans agree to pay if it is for their favorite game, and the communication is done on the Internet.)
(4) This packaging is in accordance with the other elements of the mix marketing, because the brand values are quality, care and commitment, it is expensive and sold in small shops, and served in restaurants, hotels, spas and clubs.
(3)The difference from the competitors is about the sensorial features: the presentation and the use are not usual, and it is prettier if you want to put it for example on furniture. About the positioning, I think that this brand is on the top of the line because of the sophistication of the packaging: a designer, Soon Mo Kang, has made it.
(2) With this packaging, the brand is hardly identifiable: it is written in black on a transparent side of the box. I think that it is easy to recognize the product because of the originality of the packaging, it is a little colored (with colored hangers) but there are no colors, graphology, graphics or shape that can distinguish this packaging to another.