Pinterest • Le catalogue d'idées

19 Jan - Richest 1% will own more than all the rest by 2016. The combined wealth of the richest 1 percent will overtake that of the other 99 percent of people next year unless the current trend of rising inequality is checked, Oxfam warned today ahead of the annual World Economic Forum meeting in Davos. | Oxfam International

Why the world needs an Arms Trade Treaty

à partir de Twitter

World Economic Forum on

We need a race to the top so we have policies & regulation to protect #humanrights, the environment and reduce #poverty. - Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director, Oxfam International #WEF14

Six richest countries host less than 9% of refugees | Oxfam International


62 personnes possèdent autant que la moitié de la population mondiale

Inequality - this is just incredible - the richest 85 people on the globe – who between them control as much wealth as the poorest half of the global population put together – could squeeze onto a single double-decker.


85 richest people in the world richer than poorest half; Oxfam/guardian article

Food voucher distribution in Niger. Photo: Oxfam

Ballet star calls for more protection of refugee children and announces artistic project with Oxfam (Oxfam International) - WorldNews

Oxfam said the world's richest people saw their share of global wealth jump to 48 percent last year from 44 percent in 2009. Rising inequality is holding back the fight against global poverty as the world's biggest companies lobby the U.S. and European Union for beneficial tax changes at a time when average taxpayers are still paying the bill for the financial crisis.