The Hammersmith Flyover is a vital link between central London and the west. Opened in 1961, its 630m-long deck, made of precast, post-tensioned concrete segments was a worldwide innovation. In 2011, its structural integrity was in peril because of the corrosion of its prestressing cables. A formidable surgery operation, in two phases, fully replaced the existing post-tensioning system. Taken from ‘Hammersmith Flyover: UHPFRC concrete made repairs possible’, by Boris Cousin of Freyssinet.
Eugene Freyssinet Eugne Freyssinet en quelques ouvrages
Un amour sans limite - Eugène Freyssinet
Eugène Freyssinet – Ingénieur
Halle Boulingrin à Reims. Freyssinet (1928) - Photo 01